Welcome to Solihull and District CAMRA website
Welcome to the Solihull and District CAMRA website home page. Here you will find a summary of the latest pub news and up and coming events in the next few weeks. More details can be found by following the menu on the left. Why not get involved and come along to one of our branch meetings or follow our Facebook page or Twitter acount(see below).
Next Branch Social
- Hinkley brewery and pub crawl
Saturday 25 May 2019 09:30
Note This trip will now use public transport rather than minibus.
Our first port of call will be the Elliswood brewery, not far from the Town Centre where the owner/brewer will show us around and then we can sample a couple of his beers. In the town centre where we will explore the town centre hostelries. - see https://solihull.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?id=98607 for full details. Food stop will probably be the Wetherspoons as they are quite quick to maximise our sampling time.
Transport Meet at 9:30 at New St station for train to Hinckly. Return train to Hinckley cost is £13.65. If you would like to come on the above Hinckley Social contact me Dave Mckowen via email ku.gro.armac.lluhilos@pihsrebmem()
- The Case is Altered Beer festival
Friday 31 May – Sunday 2 June 2019
The Case is Altered (Shrewly) Beer Festival. - see http://www.shrewley.org/Case%20Beer%20Festival.pdf
- Shirley Beer and Cider Festival
Thursday 6 – Saturday 8 June 2019
Camp Hill Rugby Club
Over 100 beers and 25 Ciders
Comedy night Thursday night (Advance tickets only)
Further details https://www.shirleybeerfestival.co.uk
- Pub News
Monday 13 May 2019
The Shaking Hand micro pub is now open They regularly serve 4 changing Real Ales and Craft beers plus other drinks. It is next door to the main ASDA entrance in Parkgate, Shirley.
The Indian Brewery Station Raod, Solihull. Building work is still in progress.
The Red Lion, Shirley has now reopened.
The Bulls Head in Barston has been put up for sale.
The Crab Mill has now reopened. It is has about 6 real ales available.
- North Cotswold 18th steam and Ale Festival Friday 21 – Sunday 23 June 2019
- STRATFORD-UPON-AVON BEER & CIDER Festival
Friday 21 – Saturday 22 June 2019
Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse, Luddington Rd, Warwickshire CV37 9SE.
70+ beers & 30+ ciders/perries. Food available. Town shuttle service from railway station, camping via racecourse campsite (enquire direct). £10 entrance to include glass, programme, & £5 tokens. Open Fri 12noon-11pm, Sat 11am-11pm. Info: http://www.stratfordbeerfestival.org.uk
- BROMSGROVE BEER Festival
Thursday 27 – Saturday 29 June 2019
Bromsgrove Rugby Football Club, Finstall Rd, Bromsgrove B60 3DH (10mins walk from Bromsgrove station & buses available from town centre.).
144 beers & 60+ ciders/perries. Open CAMRA members & Trade Only : Thu 2-6pm Open to All Thu 6-11pm ; Fri 12noon-11pm; Sat 11am-9.30pm.
Entry £3 (members £1) + £2 Souvenir glass.
Food available and live music from Friday (see website for details). Plenty of room outside, marquee for picnics, & family games. Camping available from Rugby club. Details http://www.bromsgrovebeerfestival.org.uk
- 44th WOLVERHAMPTON BEER Festival
Thursday 11 – Saturday 13 July 2019
Newhampton Arts Centre, Dunkley St, Wolverhampton WV1 4AN.
70 ales plus cider and perries. Admission Thu-Fri £3.50 Sat - free
Further details see http://www.Wolverhampton.camra.org.uk
Twitter / SolihullCamra
- Friday, 17:55 : Our GBG pub The Fieldhouse in Solihull is in the top 50 pubs in the Sun. Vote for our local at email@example.com
- Monday 13th May, 13:23 : Branch meeting tonight at the Drum & Monkey, 177 Four Ashes Rd, Dorridge tonight at 8:30. All branch members welcome.
- Thursday 2nd May, 12:51 : RT @CAMRA_Official: Have you seen this exciting announcement from the @GBBFWinter? 👀🎉 Check it out below, and don't forget to follow t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Saturday, 12:00 : Today, we have the next in a series of interviews with Brewery Bars coming to @gbbf this summer! 🍻☀️ Get to know t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 17:05 : Ready for another beer fact this #FunFactFriday? 🍻 Had you heard of the London Beer Flood before? 👇… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Friday, 12:00 : Nearly the weekend! Are you attending a beer festival this weekend? 🍻 Both the 7th @GlosBeerFest and the 30th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…