Welcome to Solihull and District CAMRA website
Welcome to the Solihull and District CAMRA website home page. Here you will find a summary of the latest pub news and up and coming events in the next few weeks. More details can be found by following the menu on the left. Why not get involved and come along to one of our branch meetings or follow our Facebook page or Twitter acount(see below).
- August Branch Meeting
Monday 5 August 2019 20:30
Solihull CAMRA Branch Meeting - branch members welcome.
Next Branch Social
- Real Ale Ramble
Saturday 17 August 2019
We plan to catch a train to Leamington and kick off with a visit to Fizzy Moon, a pub with its own microbrewery, www.fizzymoonbrewhouse.com before heading on to the Moorings. We will then continue along the canal to Warwick with visits to the Nelson and Cape of Good Hope. Continuing along the canal past Warwick Parkway with stops at the Hatton Arms, Durham Ox, Tom ‘O’ the Wood and ending at the Navigation in Lapworth.
If you would like to join us, please email Martin Buck - moc.notslrud@nitraM
- Tamworth Beer Festival and Tamworth Crawl
Saturday 7 September 2019
This will likely be a train trip aiming to start at the festival around midday. More details will follow nearer the time but please follow the link below for more details on the festival http://www.lstcamra.org.uk/beerfestival.htm
Once we have had our fair share at the festival we will take a trip around a handful of Tamworth's best pubs including the current Regional Cider Pub of the Year, The Kings Ditch https://www.kingsditch.co.uk/
Download New version Solihull Drinker 88.
Good Pint? - submit your Beer scores at https://whatpub.com/ or Download the Good Beer Guide App
- Shirley, Acocks Green & Solihull Lions Beer Festival
Friday 13 – Saturday 14 September 2019
Shirley Royal British Legion Club
Entrance £10 to include glass and £5 beer tokens.
- Local Pub News July/August Tuesday 2 July 2019
- 12th STAFFORD BEER & CIDER Festival
Thursday 25 – Saturday 27 July 2019
Blessed William Howard School, Rowley Avenue, Stafford, ST17 9AB. Under 10 mins walk from Stafford rail station, off Newport Rd.
65 real ales, 25 ciders/perrys, country wines, gin bar & bottled beers. Hot food, live music, Fri/Sat evening, brass band Sat afternoon. OPEN Thu 6-11pm; Fri 11.30am-4pm + 4-11pm; Sat 12noon-10.30pm. Fri/Sat afternoon families welcome. Other sessions over 18s. Admission £1 Thu & Fri afternoon ans Sat eve; £3 Fri evening; £2 Sat. afternoon
£1 entrance discount to CAMRA members with valid cards. Refundable glass hire £3 or souvenir glass £3. Info: http://www.staffordbeerfestival.co.uk
- MARKET BOSWORTH RAIL ALE Festival
Friday 26 – Sunday 28 July 2019
The Battlefield Line, The Goods Shed, Station Rd, Market Bosworth CV13 0PF.
80 real ales, 30 ciders & perries and Pimm’s in the Goods Shed and adjacent marquee, plus real ales and ciders.
Featuring steam locomotives, traction engines
Hot & cold food available all day.
On-site camping available. Bars Open Fri & Sat 11am-11:30pm, Sun Bars 11am- 5pm. Adults £6 (£1 for CAMRA members), children welcome daytime (4-16 £3, free on Fri), under 4 free. Details see https://www.hinckleyandbosworth.camra.org.uk
Twitter / SolihullCamra
- Monday 1st July, 16:18 : Branch meeting tonight at the Flute and Flagon at 8:30 . All branch members welcome - why not come along ?
- Monday 24th June, 17:06 : RT @BalsallcomLions: We're proud to support local breweries at our 3rd Balsall Beerfest this weekend. Barrels will be coming from… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Thursday 6th June, 17:20 : Only 1 day to go to the Shirley Charity Beer and Cider Festival (unless you are lucky enough to have tickets to ton… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 15:18 : RT @RogerProtzBeer: Craft keg takes a bow at CAMRA's big beer fest protzonbeer.co.uk/news/2019/07/2… @gbbf @CAMRA_Official @Harveys1790… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Monday, 14:11 : Calling all pubs! 🚨 Taking part in our #SummerOfPub? ☀️ Make sure you get in touch to order #SummerOfPub publicity… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Sunday, 11:00 : Thank you @edinburghpaper for this audio coverage of our Pub Design Awards! Have a listen below 👇 Read more about… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…