Welcome to Solihull and District CAMRA website
Welcome to the Solihull and District CAMRA website home page. Here you will find a summary of the latest pub news and up and coming events in the next few weeks. More details can be found by using the menu. Why not get involved and come along to one of our branch meetings or follow our Facebook page or Twitter account(see below).
Next Branch Events
Next Branch Social
- Midweek crawl in Rugby.
Thursday 16 April 2020 11:14
Our next mid week crawl is of Rugby on Thursday 16th April. Meet at Rugby Station at 12noon following the arrival of the 11.14 from Birmingham; 11.27 from Birmingham International.
Our first port of call will be the Victoria Inn, 1 Lower Hillmorton Road. We shall visit the Crafty Banker; Rugby Tap Room; Squirrel; Raglan Arms; Merchants Inn and Seven Stars. There are 2 Wetherspoons pubs in case we need food, although the Merchants does food.
If you fancy coming along let me know ku.oc.oohay@2591nosyd_evets( ).
- Stirchley Pub Crawl & Brewery visit
Saturday 18 April 2020 11:00
A visit to Stirchley, taking in the Birmingham Brew Co and possibly one or two other breweries, as well as pubs in the area.
Details to follow
Local Pub News and Events
- Local Pub news - February
Friday 7 February 2020
The Red House has been refurbished and will open as the Flying Elephant serving Indian food on 7th Feb.
Work has now started on refurbishing the Bulls Head in Barston and to add hotel rooms.
A new pub in Tidbury Green has been approved.
A new pub has opened at 1 Dovehouse but no real ale as yet (just bottled).
Planning permission has been sought for a new micro pub at the former Lloyd's Bank premises in Knowle High Street.
Download the latest version Solihull Drinker 90.
Good Pint? - submit your Beer scores at https://whatpub.com/ or Download the Good Beer Guide App
- Leicester Beer Festival
Wednesday 26 – Saturday 29 February 2020
Haymarket Theatre, Leicester, LE1 3AF.
202 real ales, cider / perries and Gin bar.
Wed 5 to 11pm; Thu& Fri 11 to 11pm; Sat 11 to 10pm Discount for CAMRA members. See http://www.leicester.camra.org.uk for details
- Loughborough Beer Festival
Thursday 5 – Saturday 7 March 2020
The 44th Lougborough Beer Festival.
The Polish Club,True Lovers Walk, Loughborough LE11 3DB
60+ Beers and Ciders
See http://www.loughboroughcamra.co.uk for details
- Rugby CAMRA 36TH Beer festival
Friday 6 – Saturday 7 March 2020
Arnold House,Elsee road, Rugby CV21 4 BA
35+ real ales,ciders and perries.
Twitter / SolihullCamra
- Wednesday 19 February, 19:02 : Congratulations to the Pup and Duckling - Solihull CAMRA Pub of the Year. Presentation tonight at 20.30 at the Pup and Duckling.
- Tuesday 24 December, 10:59 : Merry Christmas and a happy New Year from Solihull Camra.
- Sunday 6 October, 17:06 : Well that is the end of another excellent festival. Hope you all enjoyed it. Many thanks to our sponsors, beer suppliers and of course our elves without whose hard work we would not have a festival. #beerfestival #solihull #camra
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 17:01 : Happy #FunFactFriday! This one takes a literary turn - are you Hemingway fans? 📚 Join CAMRA today 👉 ow.ly/JLDA50rrTZy pic.twitter.com/4eAci5Irt9
- Friday, 12:00 : Are you heading down to the pub this week? Comment below 👇 with what you love most about your local pub, in order to win a copy of the ‘Good Beer Guide 2020’ AND @annastuartbooks' new book ‘Four Minutes to Save a Life’! 🍻 #MyPubStory Full T&Cs ➡️ ow.ly/Slz850yxFe0 pic.twitter.com/U1TtqnIFGO
- Thursday, 16:59 : #FourMinutesToSaveALife follows a delivery driver who realises that he's the only human contact some people on his round have all day – so he sets out to try and help them find friends in each other. We love how many pubs take it upon themselves to help others in this way too ❤️
Membership : Branch 680 ; National 192470
Join the conversation at Solihull Camra members