Welcome to Solihull and District CAMRA website
Welcome to the Solihull and District CAMRA website home page. Here you will find a summary of the latest pub news and up and coming events in the next few weeks. More details can be found by following the menu on the left. Why not get involved and come along to one of our branch meetings or follow our Facebook page or Twitter acount(see below).
- April Branch Meeting
Monday 1 April 2019 20:30
Solihull CAMRA Branch Meeting - all branch members welcome.
Next Branch Social
- Day trip to Oxford
Saturday 30 March 2019
The March social is also the Beer Festival Thank-You trip: a day trip by coach to the historic city of Oxford. Response to this has been good, with over 30 seats already taken. It's free for anyone who volunteered at our beer festival last October; there is a charge of £10 for anyone else, and there are still around a dozen spaces. Anyone attending the branch meeting can pay me there; can I ask everyone who's put their hand up for the trip to let me know where they will board the coach - Knowle, Solihull or Shirley.
Martin Buck ku.gro.armac.lluhilos@riahc()
- Beer and Curry night
Thursday 18 April 2019 18:30
Meet in the “Forest Hotel” in Dorridge anytime from 6.30pm onwards for a few pints. Leave at 8pm for a short walk down the road to the “Saleem Bagh” Indian Restaurant.
The “Forest Hotel” is only over the road from Dorridge station so is relatively easy to get too. Afterwards we can either go back to the Forest or move onto either the KDCC or “The Railway”. I will need to confirm the number of people out of courtesy to the restaurant by the 08/04/19 at the very latest, so if you are going to attend can you please let me Dave Mckowen know asap at ku.gro.armac.lluhilos@pihsrebmem .
- Wetherspoon's Real Ale and Cider Festival
Wednesday 27 March – Sunday 7 April 2019
Selection from 25 Breweries and 3 ciders from the UK and around the world.
- Inn on the Green Beer Festival
Thursday 11 – Saturday 13 April 2019
Inn on the Green(2 Westley Road, Acocks Green B27 YUH)
12 ales, 10 ciders. Music Fri and Sat live and free.
- Local Pub news
Friday 22 March 2019
New Micro pub opens next week in Shirley
The Shaking Hand micro pub is due to open next week. They will sell Real Ale and Craft beers plus other drinks. It is next door to the main ASDA entrance in Parkgate, Shirley.
The Indian Brewery Station Raod, Solihull. Building working is still in progress.
The Red Lion, Shirley remains closed although there is some building work in progress.
- Burton & South Staffordshire CAMRA Beer and Cider Festival
Thursday 28 – Saturday 30 March 2019
Burton Town Hall, King Edward Place Burton upon Trent DE14 2EB
Further details https://burtoncamra.wordpress.com/beer-festival/
Twitter / SolihullCamra
- Friday, 07:11 : New micro pub - The Shaking Hand opening next week in Shirley. It is next to Asda's main entrance in Parkgate. It w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Wednesday 13th March, 22:49 : RT @covcamra: The latest beer list for @covcamra BF2019 this weekend now on website see coventry.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?i…
- Wednesday 6th March, 11:54 : RT @covcamra: Beer List now available for The @covcamra Beer Festival 15th to 16th March @CoventryRugby see coventry.camra.org.uk for more details.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Monday, 17:00 : We are sharing more cases of pubs adversely affected by large business rates bills following 2017's revaluation. Th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Monday, 12:49 : RT @AlanJonesPA: Appleton Thorn Village Hall near Warrington, a former school which now sells beer and food and holds quizzes and mu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
- Monday, 12:00 : The Appleton Thorn Village Hall has been named our Club of the Year 2019! 🏆 A previous winner, the club holds eve… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…