Welcome to Solihull and District CAMRA website
All pubs in the area are now open apart from the Boat in Catherine de Barnes which is closed until some time in November for what appears to be substantial refurbishment and building work. Following changes to the Covid rules all pubs have to close by 10pm. Please check the social media and the website of the individual establishment for full details and be aware that many places are only open to those who have booked first. Some clubs are only open to members initially while they gauge how busy they are likely to be.
Coming up Branch Events
Owing to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the latest government advice we have decided to cancel all branch meetings and Socials until further notice. Unfortunately this includes this year's beer festival
Local Pub News and Events
- Local Pub News September/October
Monday 19 October 2020
The latest Covid rules means that you can only drink with friends outside and a maximum of 6. A number of pubs are now putting up sheltered areas for drinkers e.g. The Fieldhouse ( see https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2881548532083573&id=1477724939132613), Shelly Farm, Fleur de Lys, The Bull.
Ale Hub Micro pub - Dickens Heath
The new micro pub opened in Dickens Heath on 24th September.
New Micro pub in Shirley
Application for a new micropub selling real ales at 277 Longmore Road, Shirley (formally a Newsagent) has been approved.
New Craft Ale pub In Solihull?
Planning application has been submitted for a new craft ale bar in Station Road Solihull (formally Hunters estate agent).
Download the latest version Solihull Drinker 90.
Twitter / SolihullCamra
- Sunday 9 August, 07:55 : RT @churchendbeer: Please support us in stopping the government implementing a damaging policy to an already hard up sector #stopthetaxhike @churchendbeer @CEnd_brewmaster pic.twitter.com/gqNc7KK9Mt
- Friday 3 July, 13:46 : The list of pubs in the Solihull District that are opening from 4th July is now on the Solihull CAMRA website.
- Tuesday 23 June, 13:08 : The Goverment has confirmed that pubs can reopen from 4th July provided sensible care is taken. Not long now for that pint!
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 18:00 : .@simonscider has been awarded by CAMRA's Pomona Awards! Simon Gibson created mixed cider boxes during lockdown with complementary tasting sessions & is helping people across the country learn about cider & perry production. #CiderMonth 🍎 Read more 👉 ow.ly/7Mj550C0XpN pic.twitter.com/zj1cJyU4RS
- Friday, 17:00 : RT @PubsPintsPeople: LAST ORDERS! Ant, Matt & Clair have shared with us what brews they've been enjoying this week: 👇 Ant - Mann's Brown Ale by @MarstonsBrewery Clair - Cocow by @AmpersandBrewCo Matt - ALD IPA by @BrewDog Share with us below what drinks you’ve enjoyed lately! 🍻 pic.twitter.com/eKKsLXXICF
Membership : Branch 685 ; National 192559 Join the conversation at Solihull Camra members