Trip to Walsall
Walsall Pub Crawl Social Details
A walk around Walsall Town Centre to visit the 6 pubs that appear in the 50th edition of the Good Beer Guide.
This will be on Birmingham New St concourse opposite the Pret A Manger outlet at 11.00am to allow time to catch the train detailed below.
Depart:- B’ham New Street 11.15 Arrive:- Walsall 11.37.
From the train station we will then walk to the first pub which opens at 12. Most of the pubs are part of the Black Country Ales chain and will have cobs/pork pies available for something to eat but if you want something more substantial Pub No.3 may be the option.
Below are the pubs we will visit in a circular route listed in chronological order.
- .Pretty Bricks(formerly the New Inn) 5 John Street, WS2 8AF. A small cosy tile fronted pub, with 6 changing ales.
- The Fountain 49 Lower Forster St, WS1 1XB. The Brewery Tap/Pub for the Backyard Brewery. Up to 8 beers available It may be closed due to the closure of the brewery, but the internet say’s the pub is still open, lets hope it still is.
- St Mathews Hall Lichfield St, WS1 1SX . A Grade II listed Wetherspoons outlet.
- The Victoria 23 Lower Rushall St, WS1 2AA. A popular 2 roomed pub, 3 Guest Beers served on a regular basis
- Walsall Arms17 Bank St, WS1 2EP. A re-furbished pub with one large carpeted bar area. Often serving Salopian Beers
- Black Country Arms High St, WS1 1QW. A Grade II listed pub, with an unrivalled selection of constantly changing ales & ciders.
After visiting the last pub we will walk back to the train station. There will be numerous trains available to enable us to get back to B’ham and from there back to Solihull.
Regards Dave Mckowen