Here is the latest CAMRA branch news and local pubs and breweries news.
- Local Pub News August
Tuesday 24 August 2021
Hampton in Arden --- The Beeches has closed.
- The Black Swan is closed. Planning application for change to residential housing.
- The Blue Bell is now a restaurant.
- A new Brewery has opened in station Road - The Henley Mile Brewery
Knowle & Dorridge
- The Railway has now reopened.
- The Forest has been sold and will become The Butchers Social
- The Ale Rooms has joined forces with Framework Brewery & Tap of Leicester, along with Leicester's leading Craft Beer Pub The Two Tailed Lion, and the St Giles Ale House in Northampton in a new venture: The Framework Pub Company.
Lapworth -- The Boot has reopened after a refurb.
Shirley -- The Red Lion is going to be refurbished and relaunched as The Lion sports bar.
Solihull --- The Masons has no real ale.
Ullenhall --- The Winged Spur is currently closed and has been taken over by the Good Host Group who run The TARDEBIGGE in Redditch.
- Local Pub news - May
Monday 17 May 2021
Most pubs in the region are now open for both inside and outside table service.
The new micropub ALE HUB in Longmore Road Shirley will open on the 19th May.
The Boat in Catherine De Barnes reopens on 20th May after an extensive redevelopment.
The Railway Dorridge and the Winged Spur Ullenhall are currently closed pending changes of ownership.
- Local Pub News - April
Friday 9 April 2021
The Following Pubs are aiming to reopen on 12th April.
- Boot - Lapworth
- Bulls Head - Barston
- Bull's Head - Earlswood
- Butchers - Henley
- Colebrook - Shirley
- Crabmill - Preston Bagot
- Damson - Damsonwood
- Drum and Monkey - Bentley Heath/Dorridge
- Durham Ox - Shrewley
- Farm - Monkspath
- Fieldhouse - Monkspath
- Fleur De Lys - Lowsonford
- Forest - Dorridge
- Lyndon - Solihull
- Knowle & Dorridge Cricket Club - Dorridge
- Malt Shovel - Barston
- Nags Head - Henley
- Olton Tavern - Solihull
- O'Neills - Solihull
- Orange Tree - Chadwick End
- Pumphouse - Shirley
- Punchbowl - Lapworth
- Rowington Club - Rowington
- Saracens Head - Shirley
- Saxon - Cheswick Green
- Warwickshire Lad
- White Lion - Hampton In Arden
- White Swan - Solihull
- Woodmans Rest - Shirley
The following pubs are opening after the 12th April
- Pup & Duckling - Solihull - Thursday 15th April
- Tom O'The Wood - Rowington - Friday 16th April
Sadly, the Winged Spur at Ullenhall has become a victim of the lock downs and will not be reopening
Bernies Off Licence has remained open throughout this lock down and is still serving great ales.
All other premises will either open from 17th May, or we have not had an update as yet.