Stafford Pub Crawl
1. The Picture House (JD Wetherspoon) A converted 1914 cinema
2. The Sun Inn http://www.thesunstafford.co.uk Titanic Brewery owned pub with at least 12 handpumps and 1 Cider This will be the lunchtime food stop see below.
3. Floodgate Ale House Staffords first ever micropub opened Nov 2015
4. Shrewsbury Arms Recently re-furbished and now owned by Black Country Ales
5. Market Vaults http://www.themarketvaults.com Situated in the corner of the Market Square as the name would suggest.
6. No.7 Market Square Formerly George Bates gun shop converted into a micropub.
7. Olde Rose & Crown A Joules pub situated next to the Gatehouse Theatre.
8. Greyhound http://www.greyhoundfreehousestafford.co.uk A two room free house dating from the 1830’s serving up to 8 beers.
It will be followed by a 15min walk back to the station to catch the train back to Bham.Train Times
Depart:- Birmingham New St 10.31(Platform 6b) Arrive:- Stafford 11.00
Return:- Stafford 19.25(Platform 4) Arrive:- Birmingham New St 19.59
Cost’s Looking at the National Rail website the return fare to Stafford from Bham New St is currently priced at £9.30 return. This price is based on buying 2 single tickets cheaper than a return!! Using Cross Country Trains.
Food Food stop will be at the “Sun Inn” a pub owned by Titanic Brewery. Depending on numbers it might be, better to book tables and pre-order food, to avoid the problems we had on the Bishops Castle trip
Please Note:- You will have to purchase your own rail tickets to take advantage of any concessions ie OAP/Friends Together/Student etc. If you need any further information contact me using the details below. The meeting point will be the main concourse at New St Station.
If you are coming please let me know using the details below with your full contact details to enable me to keep you informed of any possible changes. Regards Dave Mckowen Mobile Tel No:- 07778 006099 Home Tel No. 01564 778955 Email Address:- ten.enoenil@newokcm_divad