Trip to Nottingham
Nottingham pub crawl
We aim to get the 10.49 from New Street, arriving in Nottingham at 12.07. Return on the 18.41 arriving back in Birmingham for 19.55 [£13.55 with Senior Railcard. For more flexibility on an earlier return time £17.25 with Senior Railcard].
1. BEERHEADZ. Cabman’s Shelter 1a Queen Street. NG2 3AS. Micropub near the station entrance. 4 beers. GBG2020
2. OLDE TRIP TO JERUSALEM. Brewhouse Yard. NG1 6AD. At the foot of Nottingham Castle, built into the rock face. One of the oldest pubs in Nottingham. Owned by Greene King has 6 guests including Nottingham beers and other locals/Regionals. [Food]
3. CRAFTY CROW 102 Friar Lane. NG1 6EB. Magpie Brewery’s first pub. 10 beers including good range of microbrewery beers, and real ciders. [Food]
4. THE ROUNDHOUSE. Royal Standard Place. NG1 6FS. The building was part of the old Nottingham General Hospital. A freehouse with 6 beers on offer and the house beer Roundheart, is brewed by Dancing Duck. [Food]
5. BARREL DROP. 7 Hurts Yard. NG1 6JD. On alley off Angel Row. Micropub with up to 10 guest beers on stillage + Real Cider
6 ANGEL MICROBREWERY, 7 Stoney Lane. NG1 1LG. 12-1.30. Home of Angel Brewery in the historic Lace Market area. Grade 2 listed. 6 beers including Angel and Black Iris
7. FOX AND GRAPES. 21 Southwell Road Nottingham NG1 1DL. Recent acquisition for Castle Rock with 8 beers. [Food]
8. KING WILLIAM 1V, 6 Eyre Street. NG2 4PB. Known as the “King Billy”, a Victorian gem with 8 beers.